Thursday 24 October 2013

On Thursday October the 9th 2013 my aunt passed away after fighting cancer for a year and a half. She has taught me many things in my life, but the most predominant one was selflessness.In every way of her life she tried to put others before herself. Even when it was close to the end she still valued her family's well being over her own. She never wanted to impose on anybody in anyway. Her humble, quiet, peaceful selfless nature inspires me to live my live the way she lived hers. I never want to forget the way she asked her innocent questions. Questions that may seem trivial to me but meant the world to her. Like "how's swimming going Sam". I would answer them like any other question by saying "good" or "alright" but to her, those answers had greater value than that of an SAT question. It reminds me that family is the most important thing in the world and that we should help other people more than we help ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Sam, thanks for sharing this thoughtful post. I'm glad that you have positive memories of your aunt. I'm sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother was the same way. I miss her very much and I send my condolences because I know how hard it is. I really like how you were able to relate even the smallest things in her life to make her an even more enjoyable person in my mind.

    ReplyDelete